R&M Williams Ltd carried out the refurbishment of the iconic Grade II listed Penarth Pier Pavilion. The building has become a cultural and educational hub for the community offering a range of activities.
The pier had fallen into disrepair, but has now been restored to retain the original features of the design, and provide a community space.
Now a fully restored art deco pier pavilion, Penarth Pavilion is a multi-functional building incorporating a gallery, cinema, café and restaurant. The state-of-the-art pavilion offers exhibitions, films and a full events schedule, offering a perfect meeting place and a landmark on the South Wales coastline.
R&M Williams Ltd received several awards for this project, including:
- RICS National Project of the Year 2014
- RICS Wales Community Benefit Award
- Considerate Constructors – Bronze Award
- FMB National Awards – Commercial Project of the Year Winners
- CIOB – Manager of the Year – David Challenger